PTA – Friends of St Giles School
Our Parent and Teacher Association, the ‘Friends of St Giles School’ (FSGS), are a group of parents and staff who meet monthly after school. FSGS arrange a variety of fund-raising events throughout the school year. These include discos, Fairs, non-uniform days, cinema nights and competitions to name but a few.
They offer invaluable support that strengthens community spirit and provides lots of fun activities for children in school. They also contribute a wide range of resources which enhance provision for our pupils that would not be affordable without their fabulous help. These have included:
- Lots of new reading books
- 30 Android tablets
- a portable PA system used in the hall and for events such as Sports Day
- Bug Club (an online reading resource)
- a petting zoo visit for all children
- a buggy park and canopy for the KS1 playground
- a KS2 playground canopy
- playground equipment for all children
- an enrichment event for the winning ‘Mission Crew’
- New equipment for use in the KS2 sensory garden
If you would like to join this friendly group, please contact the school office. Even if you can’t make it to meetings, your support at events would be greatly appreciated!