Admissions and Appeals
If you would like to apply for a place for your child starting in the next Reception intake (we do not have Nursery provision), applications should be made by mid-January in order to start in September. The online Admissions window opens in November. Please see our Admissions Policy in the policies area of this website for details on how to apply, selection arrangements and oversubscription criteria. Information on how to make in-year admissions requests are also included. Alternatively, you may use the link below to access information or make an online application via Derbyshire County Council’s website:
Full details on the Appeals process can be found on the DCC Admissions Appeals page. The timeline for Appeals for starting in Reception in September 2022 is:
- Tuesday 19 April 2022 – National Offer day. Decision available online and letters posted second class where appropriate.
- Tuesday 19 April 2022 – waiting lists for all oversubscribed schools established and administered by the admissions team.
- Monday 16 May 2022 – closing date for appeals (20 school days from offer day).
- Families making an Appeal to receive minimum 10 days' notice of Appeal Hearing.
- Decision letters to be sent within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible.
- May 2022 onwards – Own admission authority schools (i.e. St Giles) to inform admissions and transport team of the outcome of appeals to the independent appeal panels. Where appeals have been successful, the admissions team will deal with any resulting movement.
- Friday 15 July 2022 - main round of appeals to be heard by this date.
- 31 December 2022 – waiting lists cease to be maintained by admissions and transport team.
Appeals should be lodged within 20 calendar days of the letter of notification. Any appeals will subsequently be heard by the independent appeals committee managed by the Diocese on behalf of the Governing Body.